Information Collection: Information You Provide to Us
SWAPA will collect only that information about employees and pilots which is needed and relevant. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our Services, register for our Services or set up a SWAPA account, subscribe to our e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications, post on our forums or blogs, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us through the Services.
The types of information we may collect include Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that could reasonably be linked with a particular consumer or household, including information that can be used to identify an individual (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, e-mail address, zip code, address, phone number, social media account information, birth date, and demographic information. "Personal Information" also may include sensitive information, such as present and future health status.
You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Services, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information that you submit to us.
Transfer or sharing of Information
SWAPA may disclose personally identifiable information without prior notification or approval from individuals for various purposes including:
- For purposes in which the organization is acting on behalf of all members as an entity, such as evaluating and procuring a new group insurance provider or group benefits plan;
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to (i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; and/or (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To defend the Terms & Conditions or other policies applicable to our Services; and
- With our authorized personnel and service providers to verify your information in order to ensure we maintain the accuracy of our database.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information from and about you when you access or use our Services. This information may include, without limitation, demographic information; IP address; browser/device/hardware type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our Services; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Services.
This information is gathered by certain tools and methods such as cookies and sessions. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes including:
- Facilitate, personalize, and improve your experience and your online or app experience;
- Process your registration with our Services, including verifying that your e-mail address(es) are active and valid;
- Manage your profile(s);
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Contact you regarding your use of our Service and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against threats;
- Communicate with you about products, services, events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; and
- Any other purpose, with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others
The Services may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, user profiles, writings, music, video, audio recordings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, "User Content"), such as on blogs and forums, and in association with your account and user profile. We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information you share, including Personal Information, in connection with your User Content. Please note that SWAPA does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Services or what others do with information you share with them on the Services. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Services. We are not responsible for User Content you submit to third party services via our Services.
It is our goal to take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Although SWAPA's objective is to use reasonable efforts to help protect your information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and SWAPA cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Services. Further, you are responsible for protecting your password.